William Mitchell College of Law is recognized as a premiere law school for practical legal training with an inclusive campus:
- A top law school for teaching real-world skills, Mitchell’s clinical program is ranked 32nd out of 150 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Mitchell is one of only 48 colleges and universities in the country to receive the Higher Education Excellence in Diversity Award.
- Mitchell’s commitment to recruiting and assisting military students has earned the law school the distinction of being a Military Friendly School for 2013
- With an alumni network that’s a powerhouse in the Upper Midwest legal community, Mitchell has more SuperLawyers in Minnesota than Harvard, Yale, Hamline, the University of St. Thomas, Iowa, and Drake—combined.
- Mitchell’s law review is ranked 77th out of 507 for citations by judges in courts throughout the country.
- Mitchell alumni led the Ramsey County Bar Association for seven consecutive years (2006-2013)
- Readers of “Minnesota Women’s Press” voted Mitchell as the state’s “Favorite women-friendly law school” in 2013
- Mitchell has the top-ranked part-time program in the state, according to U.S. News & World Report.
- William Mitchell ranks 18th among all law schools for percentage of students awarded state clerkships (National Law Journal: “Which Law Schools Are Tops for Jobs?”).
Students work frequently has such an impact on the community that the media cover it:
- Mitchell’s Immigration Clinic frees Australian student from jail KARE-11
- Mitchell student partners with Anoka County to start a teen court Star Tribune
- Mitchell students work with families in Ramsey County KSTP-TV
- Mitchell students start a self-help legal clinic Star Tribune
- Mitchell students help women just released from prison KARE-11