Minnesota Justice Foundation: Serving those in need
The Minnesota Justice Foundation (MJF) is nonprofit organization committed to promoting social justice and improving legal services to those who have been under-represented by the legal profession. Every year, more than 50 percent of Mitchell students participate voluntarily in pro bono work through MJF.
Consortium for Innovative Legal Education
William Mitchell belongs to the Consortium for Innovative Legal Education, or CILE, in a partnership with California Western School of Law in San Diego, New England Law | Boston in Boston, and South Texas College of Law in Houston. It is the only program of its kind in the United States and allows students to partake in classes at any of the other three CILE law schools, many via video conferencing, as well as programs and study abroad options offered through the CILE schools.
China University of Political Science and Law’s College of Comparative Law
William Mitchell and China University work together to provide each school’s students with study abroad opportunities. The two schools also have a faculty exchange program, organize joint conferences, and collaborate on scholarly articles related to comparative law.
Real-World Learning Opportunities
William Mitchell partners with public and private organizations large and small to provide students with volunteer experience, externship opportunities, and pro bono work experience.
Our partners in the community include
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Guzman Law Firm
- Housing Alliance Law Office
- Immigration Law Center of Minnesota
- Southern Minnesota Regional Legal Services
- Volunteer Lawyers Network
- Briggs and Morgan
- Pohlad Family Foundation
- Legal Aid Society of Minneapolis Senior Law Project
- Public Defender’s Office, Buffalo, Minn.
- Executive Office for Immigration Review
- Minneapolis Veterans Hospital Office of Regional Counsel
- Neighborhood Justice Center
- St. Paul City Attorney’s Office, Criminal Division
- Minnesota Tax Court
- U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement
- Ramsey County Guardian Ad Litem Program
- Minnesota Kinship Caregivers Association