William Mitchell is proud to be the first ABA-approved law school in the country to offer a part-time, on-campus/online J.D. program—known as the hybrid program.
The first-of-its-kind program features two interrelated elements: intensive in-person experiential learning and online coursework that allows students to study the law from anywhere in the world.
Application for fall 2016 enrollment began Sept. 1, 2015.
Interested in pursuing a J.D. at William Mitchell?
Mon–Fri 8:30 am–5 pm
or by appointment
875 Summit Avenue
Saint Paul, MN 55105-3076
Curriculum and Schedule
William Mitchell is nationally recognized as a leader in teaching legal theory and real-world skills. This tradition continues with the hybrid program. Each semester has a clear and carefully designed curricular focus and includes a skills course as the foundation along with integrated subject-specific courses that prepare students to pass the bar exam and have successful careers.
An inside look at the new hybrid program, week one
This January, Mitchell welcomed 85 pioneering students from across the country to the nation’s first hybrid on-campus/online program at an ABA-approved law school.
Study the law with top faculty
Director of the Hybrid Program
Writing, & Representation: Advice & Persuasion
Nancy Ver Steegh
Capstone Week Director
The program uses the best in educational technology to teach students foundational doctrine and skills through interactive, online coursework, including:
- pre-recorded lectures
- moderated discussion forums
- live chat
- video analysis of students practicing skills, including oral arguments, client interviewing and counseling, and negotiations.
You’ll need a powerful computer and fast, reliable internet access.
How to Apply
Applications for the hybrid program are being accepted until August 1, 2015. Early application is strongly encouraged as there are a limited number of seats available for the hybrid program.
Hybrid Program Facts and Figures
- Tuition for the hybrid program will be the same as tuition for our on-campus, part-time program.
- Scholarships are awarded based upon a variety of factors, including previous academic excellence, professional experience, service and leadership experience, personal experience, and interest in specific areas of law.
- Admissions counselors can discuss scholarships you may be eligible to receive. Contact us today to discuss your options.
Students in Mitchell’s hybrid program participate in an intense experiential learning environment during Capstone Week. Watch this video to learn about some of the skills the students will practice.