Supporting William Mitchell graduates through educational, networking, and professional development opportunities
William Mitchell offers many services and resources to help our 11,000 alumni succeed and stay in touch with each other and the law school.
From our popular Alumni CLEs—free to recent graduates and available as webcasts—to our informative alumni magazine and monthly eNewsletter to career and professional development support for alums, we are here for you.
Alumni services and resources from A to Z
Alumni are welcome to audit classes on a space-available basis for $100 per credit hour (or less than $10 per CLE credit hour). Registration is usually open in May for summer classes, in August for fall classes, and in December for spring classes. Watch the website or the alumni eNewsletter for registration dates.
William Mitchell offers numerous CLEs in its Alumni CLE series at rates substantially below those offered elsewhere. And Alumni CLEs are free for the first two years following graduation. (Other CLEs presented by Mitchell that are not part of the Alumni CLE series may have different charges.) Many CLEs are also now offered via webcast, and may be viewed afterwards at your leisure (not for CLE credit).
Career and Professional Development
William Mitchell graduates are invited to take advantage of the services provided by the Office of Career and Professional Development. Sign up for a counseling session, read tip sheets, take a Myers-Briggs test, or sign up to review job postings on Symplicity.
Let your classmates know what you’re up to. Submit a class note with the latest on your career or family. Pictures welcome.
Stay current on the latest news, events, and CLE offerings from William Mitchell by signing up to receive our monthly alumni eNewsletter. But we can only send it to you if we have your current email address.
From the annual Alumni Golf Tournament to the Women in Law Tea, to conferences, lectures, and receptions, William Mitchell offers a variety of events for alumni.
Information Technology Services
See IT Services (right column)
See Library (right column)
Mitchell on Law Magazine
Published twice a year, Mitchell on Law features intriguing stories about our alumni, updates on the latest about Mitchell professors and students, and, of course, Class Notes. If you are not receiving Mitchell on Law, send an address update to firstname.lastname@example.org.
William Mitchell offers numerous ways for alumni to stay connected to each other. Sign up for Alumni.net to find alumni by name or class year and share your own information so classmates can find you too. You can also connect with classmates and other alumni by joining our LinkedIn group or becoming a Fan of William Mitchell on Facebook. For assistance connecting with other Mitchell alumni, the Hachey Initiative can help.
Alumni may obtain official transcripts by completing a Transcript Request Form or by sending a written, signed request to the Registrar’s Office. Official transcripts cost $3 per copy. Or, you may request an email (unofficial) transcript at no charge. Transcript requests received by 8:30 am will be fulfilled by 8:30 am the following day.
Transcript requests may be emailed to registrar @wmitchell.edu or mailed or faxed to:
William Mitchell College of Law, 875 Summit Ave., Saint Paul, MN 55105-3076, Attn: Registrar’s Office
- Unofficial (email) Transcript Request Form PDF
- Official Transcript Request Form PDF, print and mail or contact
- registrar @wmitchell.edu
Alumni can give back to the school through one of many volunteer opportunities, such as serving on a board or committee, coaching a mock trial team, or mentoring current students.
See volunteer opportunities with time commitment and sign up to get involved.
The Information Technology Services department is proud to offer, exclusively to William Mitchell graduates, the following services:
For 12 months following graduation you will continue to have the same access and support as when you were a student.
- Network access (Skye drive, Library resources).
- Continued access to your student email address. Your @wmitchell.edu email account is left in place for 12 months after graduation, after which time the account is deleted. You can use it or simply forward it to another account. If you are unable to log in, your password may have expired. You can change your password yourself by going to the self-service password page. Note: emails cannot be automatically migrated from your student account to your alumni email account, so be sure to manually forward to a new account any emails you wish to have access to.
- Wireless Internet access. While on campus you will have total access to the William Mitchell wireless network using your network login.
- Computer access. Your network login will allow you total access to all public computers on campus. This includes all student computers in Hachey Commons and the Library Labs. You also have full printing capabilities (for a small charge) to any student printer in the Library or Central Services.
The following are technology privileges that are provided to graduates for a lifetime:
- Alumni email account (automatically created for all graduates). William Mitchell sets up a free lifelong email account at Google for all our graduates with 25 GB of space. You can access your alumni email account at http://login.microsoftonline.com, or you can login through the “login to email” links on our website the way students, faculty and staff do. These accounts should be activated and available by no later than graduation. The address will be FirstName.LastName@alumni.wmitchell.edu. The default password is wmxxxxxx (where the xxx’s are your old Mitchell ID. If you have any trouble logging on, please email email@example.com. Access email login.
- Guest wireless Internet access (available throughout campus). If you are going to be on campus, simply select the wmitchell network and click Accept to connect to the unsecured wireless service.
See “Connecting to William Mitchell’s Wireless Network”for more information.
- Library computer lab access (Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe, Internet access, Library databases). If you are on campus and need a computer, the circulation staff will log you on to any computer in the lab. This gets you Internet, applications and printing access.
Information Technology Services is always looking for ways to improve your continued connection to the college. If you have any suggestions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Warren E. Burger Library
Alumni may take advantage of the following library services:
Checkout and Renewal
Material from the circulating collection may be checked out at the circulation desk for a two-week period. Items may be renewed for an additional two weeks either in person, by phone, or email. Recent alumni may renew materials online using the barcode from their student ID. After two off campus renewals, the circulation staff may request that the item be brought to the library before renewal is permitted.
Alumni may access the campus wireless system. Alumni may also use the computers in the library labs. Student accounts are active for 12 months post graduation, and after that, users may ask the circulation staff to log them onto the network with a guest network password.
Alumni are welcome to use the library’s electronic and print research resources. Numerous databases (including HeinOnline, BNA, and CCH) are accessible to on-campus users. The librarians have created several library guides that feature links to free internet resources as well as recommendations for print resources available in our collection. Reference librarians are glad to help with research resources and tools available in the library.
Alumni are welcome to use any open space in the library (including unoccupied carrels) for research and study, including studying for the bar exam. One area on the second level is designated as a quieter laptop free area.
Alumni may request copies of articles and other materials, subject to copyright restrictions. The request form is available on the library website under the Interlibrary Loan tab. Charges for this service are listed on the form, and requests are filled within one business day.
Copy machines are available in the library at a cost of four cents per page. Copy cards may be purchased at the circulation desk for $2, $5, or $10, with $1 of the initial purchase paying for the card.