- Review course descriptions and professor bios
- Complete auditing application (beginning Dec. 1) no later than Monday, Dec. 8
- Wait for an email no later than Monday, Dec. 14, indicating whether you have been registered, and including a link to make payment by credit card and to first assignments
- Pay your auditing fee by no later than Friday, Dec. 18 (you’ll receive a link to pay by credit card).
William Mitchell offers Mitchell and Hamline alumni the opportunity to audit classes at the reduced rate of $150 per credit hour (or less than $11 per CLE credit). Recent graduates (from ’14 and ’15) may audit one course per academic year at no charge.
Registration for spring semester 2016 runs from Dec. 1-8.
- Spring classes begin Friday, Jan. 15 for weekend classes and Wednesday, Jan. 20 for day and evening classes. Academic Calendar
- Mitchell and Hamline alumni may audit one course on a space-available basis (priority will be given to alumni who have not previously audited a course).
- The following courses are available for spring 2016 auditors:
|Administrative Law||3130||2016SP1||3.00||Staff, 0|
|Bank Audit and Compliance||3261||2016JT1||2.00||Staff, 0|
|Business Entity Taxation||3670||2016SP1||3.00||Staff, 0|
|Business Organizations||2000||2016SP2||4.00||Staff, 0|
|Civil Dispute Resolution II||3060||2016SP1||3.00||Tostrud, Eric|
|Compliance Skills: Auditing||3022||2016SP1||3.00||Staff, 0|
|Consumer Lending||3263||2016SP1||2.00||Staff, 0|
|Consumer Rights Law||8311||2016SP1||2.00||Barry, Peter|
|Corporate Accounting & Financial Reporting (fka Accounting & Finance Survey)||2018||2016SP1||2.00||Staff, 0|
|Deposit Regulation and Banking Operations||3262||2016SP1||2.00||Staff, 0|
|Election Law||3031||2016SP1||3.00||Levine, Raleigh|
|Employment Discrimination||3860||2016SP1||3.00||Staff, 0|
|Employment Law Survey||3870||2016SP1||3.00||Staff, 0|
|Energy Law||4614||2016SP1||2.00||Bjorklund, Ingrid|
|Environmental Law||3925||2016SP1||3.00||Konar-Steenberg, Mehmet|
|Estate Planning||3990||2016SP1||3.00||Patrick, Dennis|
|Estates & Trusts||3960||2016SP1||3.00||McLeod, Robert|
|Family Law||4000||2016SP1||3.00||Jerabek, John|
|Family Law Survey||4000||2016SP2||2.00||Grose, Carolyn|
|Feminist Jurisprudence||4070||2016JT1||3.00||Deer, Sarah|
|Genocide Prevention: A 21st – Century Challenge||4601||2016SP1||2.00||Kennedy, Ellen|
|Governance and Ethics HCC||3023||2016SP1||2.00||Staff, 0|
|Health Law: Organization and Finance||3026||2016SP1||3.00||Staff, 0|
|Immigration Law||4200||2016SP1||3.00||Staff, 0|
|Income Tax||2600||2016SP1||4.00||Staff, 0|
|IP – Advanced Trademark Law||5504||2016SP1||2.00||Staff, 0|
|IP – Intellectual Asset Management||5400||2016SP1||3.00||Prohofsky Krelitz, Susan|
|IP – Patent Law II||5000||2016SP1||3.00||Moy, R. Carl|
|Iran, Law, and Society||8014||2016JT1||2.00||Radsan, Afsheen John|
|Lawyer as Business Owner||8293||2016SP1||2.00||Fuith, Leanne|
|No Fault Insurance||4950||2016SP1||2.00||McEllistrem, Paul|
|Poverty Law||5065||2016SP1||2.00||Fischlowitz, Sharon H.|
|Products Liability||5142||2016SP1||2.00||Staff, 0|
|Public Health Law||4345||2016SP1||3.00||Krueger, Jill E.|
|Securities Regulation||5370||2016SP1||2.00||Ainsworth, Louis|
|The Dakota in Minnesota: A Legal History||3016||2016JT1||3.00||Routel, Colette|
|Trade Secret Law||9913||2016SP1||2.00||Staff, 0|
- Make payment by no later than Friday, Dec. 18
- Regularly attend class (and contact the professor prior to any missed classes)
- Fully participate in all class activities including small group work, skills exercises, and presentations
- Purchase course materials and complete reading and other assignments
- NOT take final examinations
Mitchell Bookstore or 651-290-6334.
Other helpful information
Apply for CLE credit According to Rule 5.A.9 of the MN Board of Continuing Legal Education’s CLE Rules: (9) A lawyer shall not receive credit for any course attended before being admitted to practice law in Minnesota, but one so admitted may receive credit of one hour for each 60 minutes actually spent in attendance, for attending for credit or as an auditor, a regular course offered by a law school approved by the American Bar Association. To apply for CLE credit, follow these instructions from Minnesota Board of Continuing Legal Education. You are responsible for tracking the number of hours you attend class.
Each credit translates into about 14 hours of class time, so for a 2 credit class, assume about 28 hours of class time, etc.