The fourth annual Upper Midwest Law Fair will be held on Saturday, Oct. 26 from 11 am to 1 pm at the University of Minnesota Law School. The event is co-hosted by the four Minnesota law schools and is held at alternating schools each fall.
The fair provides prospective students and pre-law advisors access to law school admissions professionals, informational breakout sessions about the law school application process, and opportunities to meet with representatives from each law school in attendance.
It is free for all attendees.
Host Law Schools
- University of Minnesota Law School
- Hamline University School of Law
- University of Saint Thomas School of Law
- William Mitchell College of Law
Representatives from many other law schools will be in attendance
- Creighton School of Law
- Drake University Law School
- Illinois Institute of Technology-Kent College of Law
- Indiana Tech Law School
- The University of Iowa College of Law
- John Marshall Law School
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law
- Marquette University Law School
- University of Missouri School of Law
- University of Nebraska College of Law
- University of New Hampshire School of Law
- Saint Louis University School of Law
- University of South Dakota School of Law
- Southern Illinois University School of Law
- Washburn University School of Law
- Willamette University College of Law
- University of Wisconsin Law School
|Saturday, October 26, 2013|
|11 am–1 pm||Law School Fair
Meet with admissions representatives throughout the day to learn more about their institutions and admissions process.
|11:30 am–noon||Current Student Panel I
Learn from current law students about their admissions experience and what it’s like to be law student, and get your questions answered.
|noon–12:30 pm||Current Student Panel II|
|1 pm||Event concludes|
Prospective Law Students
Prospective students are strongly encouraged to pre-register for the event for planning purposes.
Pre-law advisors are encouraged to attend individually or with their students. Pre-law advisors bringing a group of students to the event are encouraged to have each of their students register individually for planning purposes.
Prospective law students and pre-law advisors will have the opportunity to meet with admissions representatives throughout the event. In addition, there will be a current-student panel offered twice, which will allow attendees to ask current students about their experiences researching, applying to and enrolling in law school. Pre-registration for breakout sessions is not required.
Parking at and near the University of Minnesota Law School will be limited due to the Gophers vs. Nebraska football game on Saturday, Oct. 26 (time TBD). The parking lot immediately next to Mondale Hall (C86) will not be available during the fair as it is closed for season ticket holders and tailgating.
When attending the law school fair, please plan a little extra time for traffic and consider the following parking options:
- 19th Avenue Ramp (West Bank): Event parking rate is $10 (upon entry)
- 21st Avenue Ramp (West Bank): Due to the game, the event parking rate will be in effect. Let the gate attendant know that you are attending the event at the Law School, and you should receive the flat $6 fee (otherwise $10).
- Seven Corners Minneapolis Parking Ramp: Weekend rate is $3-$13
Please note that the above ramps may impose a flat event parking rate due to the game. If so, we will post the information here. Please continue to visit this page for any further updates as the event approaches.